Peking University Application Requirements
Peking University is one of the oldest Chinese institutions for higher education. It was established as a school in 1898 and it was called (Capital College) at that time, until its name was changed to Peking University in 1911 AD.
There are a lot of features that make many students want to study at this university. So, in this article you will find the admission requirements for Peking University in China.
A Brief About Peking University
We must first introduce Peking University, its features, and the fields of study it contains. So first of all, the campus is located in Haidian District in Beijing, the Chinese capital, near Yuanmingyuan Garden and the Summer Palace.
As well, it is worth noting that Peking University ranks the first among the universities of China. And it is one of the top 100 universities in the world as it ranks 18.
Admission Requirements for international students
Of course, for international students, there are many requirements to enroll in Peking University, such as:
- The student must have a valid passport.
- He must be (18 – 45) years old.
- The student health must be good.
- International student is not allowed to be a first year student. So, he must complete one academic year at least at his previous university.
- He must have a valid health insurance from a Chinese university.
READ ALSO: China the Sleeping Giant
Required documents to enroll in Peking University
- A copy of the application form.
- A passport-style registering at the university.
- A certificate with the highest degree. And the certificates must be original or certified, either in English or in Chinese.
- Motivation letter or study plan, provided in English or in Chinese.
- Original and signed letters of recommendation by two academics, in either Chinese or English.
- A copy of the passport ID page, provided that the passport is a normal and valid one.
- Original or a copy of the Chinese language test for programs taught in Chinese.
- Certificate in English for non-native speakers for programs taught in English.
- Original or certified copies of student’s academic achievement up to the moment of application, including the courses he has attended and everything else.
- The student submits a research proposals of 1500 words for a master’s student, and 3000 words for a doctoral student, through a specific form.
- All of the academic publications and achievements in his field.
Other Conditions for Admission to the Master’s Program
To enroll in master’s and doctoral programs at Peking University there are additional admission requirements. So, we mention:
- The student applying for a master’s program must have a bachelor’s degree from a university recognized by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
- A student applying to a doctoral program must hold a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- The academic level and language abilities of the student must be good enough for the required level.
The most important majors at Peking University
- Astronomy and Astrophysics.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Business Management.
- History and Philosophy.
- Art, performing arts or design.
- Languages and Literature.
- Accounting and Finance.
- Medicine and dentistry.
And there are many other specialties.
Read also: Terracotta Army in China – Facts And Numbers
Finally, we hope that our article about the conditions for admission to Peking University in China has helped you.